Thursday, May 11, 2017

Bee Thankful

I am six months pregnant now, so we are starting to get gifts from people.  I also have a baby shower coming up.  So, we will be needing thank you cards to send out for the things people get us.  I started by making fourteen of these and can make more later on if necessary.






The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I cut the black mat 1/8" smaller than the card base.  I then used a die from Jaded Blossom to cut the white mat, which I then embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  The background shape is from the "Cricut Font and Basic Shapes" cartridge.  I used two different patterned papers on them because I didn't have enough of one to do all fourteen.



The bee is from SVG Cutting Files.  I added a face from Peachy Keen.  I added glossy accents to the eyes and Stickles to the wings.  For some dimension I used foam tape to adhere the bee's head to the body and then to adhere the bee to the card.


The sign is part of a cut file from SVG Cuts.  I added some twine so the bee would be holding it.  I used a stamp from Jaded Blossom for the sentiment.  I used foam tape to adhere the top of the sign for a little added dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment