Thursday, May 4, 2017

Star Wars Day

It is May 4th, which means it is Star Wars Day!  So, to celebrate, I made a couple of Star Wars themed crafts.



The first is a birthday card featuring Chewbacca.


The card base was made with the "Cricut Classic Font" cartridge.  Chewbacca is an SVG from Krafy Nook.  I inked up the edges of all his fur with a variety of brown Distress Inks.


The sentiment and the banner are both from Jaded Blossom.  I finished off the card with some sequins.


The second craft I made was a piece of wall art.  I made it for my soon-to-be son's nursery.  I am due in August and have decided to decorate the nursery in a space theme.  Well, more like using geeky space-themed movie/TV shows as decor.  We are talking Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Doctor Who, that sort of thing.



I found an SVG on Etsy that features a boy walking an AT-AT.  I painted a canvas with black paint.  I then cut the SVG out of vinyl and adhered it to the canvas.  I will be adding his name later, above the boy.  We have already decided on a name, but we are not telling anyone until he is born, so it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment