Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Masculine Birthday Card


I made this masculine birthday card for my father-in-law's birthday.  My husband and I have an agreement when it comes to cards for his side of the family: I will make them, but he has to give me something to work with (theme, colors, image...).  For this one he said an old-fashioned wheel.


I found this Tim Holtz stamp in my stash and thought it would work perfectly.  I'm not sure if it is old wheels or gears, but I think it just works!  It is from the Time Travelers set.  I used my MISTI to stamp the image four times to cover my grey card stock.  I used a mask to make sure the image stayed clean and clear.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and it folds at the top.  The black mat is 3"x4 1/4" and the dark grey card stock is 2 3/4"x4 1/4."  I inked around the edges of the card base with some pumice stone Distress Ink to give it a more weathered look.  I also distressed and inked the edges of the grey card stock.  


The sentiment is from Jaded Blossom, their So Many Birthdays set.

No comments:

Post a Comment